Your car is now protected with the global leader in nano ceramic surface.
ONYX COATING is designed to protect your factory clear coat, provide a protective shield against the elements and to keep your vehicle looking new at all times.
To maximize the effects of ONYX COATING and to ensure your investment is long lasting, we will discuss a few basic maintenance steps on how to care for your new coating/ppf.
With simple care, your ONYX COATING will reward you for years to come!
WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO!
The curing process
Curing time is 2-3 weeks depending on environmental conditions such as humidity and temperature. During this time, the following should be avoided:
Washing your car at home
ONYX COATING is extremely slick, this means most things will dissolve and be pulled off by
ONYX COATING’s self-cleaning effect. Minimizing rubbing, (especially with a dry towel) on the coating will ensure its longevity. Dry bird drop- pings, bugs and tree sap can be dissolved using alcohol type solvents and wiped off with a damp microfiber towel.
- For best results the car should be washed on a bi-weekly basis to avoid excessive con- tamination build-up. Use only recommend- ed mild soaps.
- Use 2 Buckets Technique to wash your Protected car).
- Avoid high volume brush style car wash- es, and high PH detergent style cleaners.
- Avoid washing in direct sunlight to minimize streaking and water spotting.
- Wash from the top down leaving the dirtiest sections for last to avoid cross contamination.
- Use separate soap and sponge/mitt/towel for wheels to prevent cross contamination.
Methods of washing
1. Standard home washing:
Use a foam gun (optimal) or microfiber wash mitt to soap down the car. Rinse it off- with a pressure washer (optimal) or hose. Dry with clean microfiber towels.
2. Spray ‘n wash self car washes:
Select the high pressure soap. Soap the car down (never use the provided brushes especially on the paint!). Rinse car off with the high pressure rinse. Dry with clean microfiber towels.
3. Car washes:
Touch-less car washes only. Never use a car wash with brushes! Never select the “spray wax” option.
- Always dry completely and never leave to “air” dry. Tap water contains minerals that may leave deposits creating water spots. These can be removed with a 50/50 vinegar solution or use Water Spot Remover.
- Only use quality microfiber towels for best results and avoid aggressive wiping, allow- ing the material to absorb the water.
- Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination.
- Never use excessive force to remove spots.
- Bird droppings, tar, sap, etc. should be re- moved as soon as possible to avoid tempo- rary staining or hardening on the coating. Any staining left behind from bird drop- pings will break down over a few days with- out affecting the coating.
Leather and fabric maintenance program
- For best results, all leather/vinyl surfaces should be cleaned bi-weekly with a leather protectant to avoid contaminant build-up and replenish the natural oils.
- Vacuum carpets regularly and use carpet & fabric cleaners when necessary.
- Immediately wipe off spills on leather, vinyl, or fabric.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Onyx Coating warrants that with the proper ap- plication of Onyx CoatingTM Paint Protection by an Onyx CoatingTM approved/Authorized Installer; your vehicle’s paint finish will remain protected against:
- Loss of gloss
- UV Damage
- Acid rain
- Paint chalking
If any treated paint is shown to be adversely affect- ed from exposure to these conditions or through normal use, as evidenced by a visible loss of paint gloss and providing that all of the terms of this warranty Mentioned Below have been met, then such conditions will be repaired or cleaned (at its option) free of charge by Onyx CoatingTM, Regional Distributor and / or its Approved/Authorized installers, who reserve the right to attempt repairs through professional surface reconditioning/polishing before repainting the damaged area.
Applicable Vehicles and Period of Coverage
Coverage terms up to Lifetime, when annual ser- vice requirements are met. (See: Annual Inspec- tion). Failure to undertake an annual service will irreversibly terminate the warranty.
5 Years Warranty
3 Years Warranty
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Any treatment / re-treatment of Onyx CoatingTM Products must be applied / reapplied by an Approved/Authorized applicator. If any treatment, cleaning, repair or other work is carried out on the vehicle without Onyx CoatingTM, Local Distributors or Approved/Authorized applicator prior written authorization, the warranty will be invalid.
- The vehicle must remain registered, for the en- tire duration of the warranty, for legal non-commercial road use.
- Only vehicles registered as passenger vehicles will be warrantied. Commercial vehicles of any kind will not be covered.
- Vehicles over 3 months old are required to have a machine polishing carried out by an approved applicator prior to application. Newer vehicles may also require a machine polish if advised by the approved applicator.
- In the event of damage / repair to the surface (i.e. accident repair) the vehicle must be taken to an approved applicator for retreatment to the repaired area, at the owner’s expense, within 30 days.
- Warranty is registered in the name of the vehicle owner and cannot be transferred.
- Should a product reapplication be required (e.g. vehicle accident) you or your insurer are liable for a reapplication fee, determined by the ap- proved/authorized applicator.
- The vehicle exterior paintwork must be maintained and washed regularly, to Onyx CoatingTM recommendations, to prevent contamination build up (bi-weekly). After washing ensure that no water is left to dry on the coated surface, particularly within the first two (2) weeks after installation. In the event that your vehicle is ex- posed to high mineral-content water (“hard” or “soft” water) like that from some automated car washes, sprinkler systems or tap water in some areas, then all coated areas need to be dried as soon as possible with a microfiber cloth. Any water that is left to dry may form visible ringlets, which should be wiped off with vinegar until the mineral deposit is removed, as soon as possible.
- Successful registration must have been completed with true and accurate data within 1 week from installation date, and confirmation number must be saved.
10. The customer shall undertake further application of Onyx CoatingTM products to the vehicle as are recommended by Onyx CoatingTM or by the Approved/Authorized Onyx CoatingTM Agent during coating care and inspection.
11.Initial Inspection must be conducted by Approved/Authorized Onyx CoatingTM Agent within 60 days from date of application to confirm the correct application, failure to do the initials inspection will void the warranty.
- Where the owner has deemed to have been careless, negligent or failed to maintain the exterior painted surface in the correct manner.
- Customer neglect. i.e. Failure to maintain due care of the treated surface results in warranty void.
- Pre-existing damage to the painted surface or any other treated part of substandard specification, materials or workmanship by vehicle manufacturer, their dealership, third-party supplier or modifier, or professional detailers not authorized by Onyx CoatingTM.
- Damage to the coated surface by incorrect manual wash techniques, automatic car washes, brushes or contaminated wash tools that may cause abrasion, or damage caused by a third party not authorized by Onyx CoatingTM.
- Swirl marks, marring, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips to the painted surface.
- Water spots – Water spots are caused by hard water (mineral deposits), which when left to dry on the paint may leave a stain, water spotting is not covered.
- Failed Clear Coat – Peeling, Hazing and Fading or any claim for matters which are covered by vehicle manufacturers’ warranty.
- Damage caused by collision, accidental damage, vandalism, malicious damage, fire, hail, flood, stones, collision, surface rust, rail dust, physical damage, paint overspray, water etch or vehicle manufacturer’ defects, or defects which may be covered under a manufacturers or dealerships protection plan.
- Areas that have not been retreated after a paint repair.
- Any loss of time or use of the vehicle while it undergoes inspections or treatments Touch- less car washes only. Never use a car wash with brushes.
- Terms and Conditions are not adhered to: Exposure to abnormal & harsh chemicals, Failure to repair & retreat damaged sections, Damages caused by modifications to the vehicle (e.g. mirror, roof racks, DVD install, etc….), Areas not treated with Onyx CoatingTM products and Any claim in respect of damage caused by unusual atmospheric conditions including not limited to hail, salt spray or chemicals.
- Color Changing for the non-original manufacturer painted (re-painted) panels.
- This warranty does not cover stone chipping, abnormal chemical fallout or spillage, untreated panel repair or replacement, bore water spotting, scratching, abrasions, manufactures imperfections or paint imperfections such as paint flaking, peeling, foreign matter in paint, orange peel or clear coat separation. In addition to the above listed items Nano Shield not warranted against bug splatter, tree sap, bird droppings or bat droppings.
- Any claim in respect of matters pre-existing at the time of the application of the Onyx CoatingTM Product, Any claim in respect of any Onyx CoatingTM Product applied other than by Onyx CoatingTM Approved/Authorized Agents, Any claim arising from the customer failing to properly maintain the vehicle, Any claim in respect off acts of vandalism or arising out of an accident involving the vehicle, Any claim in respect of manufacturers imperfections, Any claim arising from the vehicle being operated in a manner contrary to the manufacturers recommendations.
- Any claim in respect of damage resulting from the use of the vehicle in a competition or mo- tor sporting event, or where the vehicle is used on a beach, or in off-road driving conditions, or for the launching of boats or other marine vessels for other than occasional recreation use, Any claim in respect of the load area of a commercial vehicle, Any claim in respect of a vehicle which has been subject to other than normal wear and tear, Any claim where the ve- hicle has not been maintained in accordance with the Onyx CoatingTM Customer Care Page and Instructions mentioned in this warranty, and Any claim in respect of damage caused by unusual atmospheric conditions including but not limited to hail, salt spray or chemicals.
- Any claim in respect of damage caused by acid, dyes, inks, bleachers, gum, paint, and lubricants, caustic or corrosive materials, Any claim in respect of the tray area of utilities, Any claim in respect of any area of the vehicle which has not been treated with the appropriate Onyx CoatingTM Product, or at the customer’s re- quest, Any claim arising from the installation of aftermarket parts and/or accessories including without limitation mirrors, luggage racks and mudflats, Any claim in respect of surface rust, rust damage caused by moister trapped under trims and rubber moldings or decorations, Any claim in respect of damage caused by cigarette or cigar burns and Any claim in respect of rust appearing above the window line of the vehicle.
- Any claim in respect of deterioration to the paint work caused by the use of cleaning agents other than those commercially available for cleaning paintwork of private passenger vehicles, Any claim in respect of paint chipping, grazing or peeling and Any claim in respect of the tearing or ripping of interior surfaces of the vehicle.
- Annual Inspections must be carried out by an approved/authorized applicator, within 30 days before or after the anniversary date of the last service to maintain the warranty.
- Failure to undertake an annual inspection with- in the required period will void the warranty.
- A fee determined by the approved applicator will be charged for the Annual Inspection, which includes – Exterior Wash, Decontamination, Gloss Renewal and Inspection.
- Annual inspections must be recorded within 30 days on Onyx CoatingTM.
Limit of Liability (Claims):
- Damage that may be covered under this warranty must be made aware to an approved/authorized applicator within 10 days, failure to comply will result in the warranty being terminated.
- Claim determination is at the sole discretion of Onyx CoatingTM, either approving the repair / re- treatment by an approved applicator or refunding the application cost to the vehicle owner at a maximum of 1000 EUR and terminating the warranty, whichever is less.
- Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of Germany, the involved parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of that Country.
- Email reminders for annual inspections are a courtesy and not receiving one is not an accept- able reason for missing your inspection.
- Any claim under the warranty must be notified via email or writing to Onyx CoatingTM, Authorized Distributor or Approved/Authorized install- er within 10 days of the customer first becoming aware of any matter giving rise to a claim in regards to Onyx CoatingTM Products.
- The warranty is only valid if:
a. Following notification of a claim the vehicle is made available for Onyx CoatingTM or local Distributor or Approved/Authorized installer inspection at its office (or such other place as Onyx CoatingTM may nominate) at a time mutually convenient to Onyx CoatingTM, local Distributor or Approved/Authorized installer and the Customer, such time during normal business hours(9.00 am – 5.00 pm GMT, Monday to Fri- day) ; and
b.The vehicle is subsequently made available to Onyx CoatingTM or such other person/s as Onyx CoatingTM may stipulate in order that any treatment, cleaning, repair or other work may be undertaken.
- Approval in writing must be obtained by the customer from Onyx CoatingTM before under- taking any work covered by the warranty. All work covered by the warranty must be under- taken by Onyx CoatingTM or local Distributor or Approved/Authorized installer or such person as Onyx CoatingTM may nominate. If any treatment, cleaning, repair or other work is carried out on the vehicle without Onyx CoatingTM or lo- cal Distributor or Approved/Authorized installer written authorization first being obtained, the warranty will automatically be invalidated.
- In the event that the vehicle is involved in an accident which involves damage to an area treated by a Onyx CoatingTM Product, the warranty only remains valid if the affected areas of the Vehicle are retreated by Onyx CoatingTM or local Distributor or Approved/Authorized installer with the relevant Onyx CoatingTM Products at the customers expense within 30 days of the date of repair; Re-application of Onyx CoatingTM should be per- formed after vehicle paint has been allowed to settle for at least 21 days.
Approved/authorized Applicator – An independently owned and operated business / company that has been approved by Onyx CoatingTM or authorized distributor to apply Onyx CoatingTM products.
To make a claim contact your Approved/authorized Applicator.
Onyx CoatingTM only provides warranty coverage in the Germany and Union Europe Countries. If you re- side in a country outside these areas, please check with your local distributor or Approved/Authorized Installer about warranties offered through them.